Spent whole day watching all the episodes back to back.
I was quite wary to watch this anime initially because I thought the concept was outrageous, some of the art looked ridiculous and the robots design were probably one of the worst I had ever seen but at the same time, I also wanted to know what was all the hype of this anime about, why is it so well received, and so I took a chance.
The plot, the concept may seem awkward and absurd at the beginning but they will grow on you leaving you wanting for more. Besides all the fighting, war, do the impossible, and over-the-top coolness portrayed, there are also elements of comedy, and a slice of very sorrowful but lovely romance.
Some of the characters have very weird designs and some of them are just plain lovely or cool but they are really original characters. There is some growth for almost all of the characters and they do in fact change for the better.
Music wise, the opening song is just great and brings out the theme and mood for the anime pretty well. Throughout the anime, there are also some well placed insert songs which spices up the mood. Most of the BGMs' were quite nice and suitable which created the appropriate atmospheres.
I'm recommending this anime even if you're not into mecha type anime. Seriously, just watch it.
Rating : 8/10
No comments:
Post a Comment