Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gantz live-action (18 PG)



Gantz, a Japanese manga and anime series written and illustrated by Hiroya Oku . Gantz tells the story of Kei Kurono and his friend Masaru Kato who die in a train accident and become part of a semi-posthumous "game" in which they and several other recently deceased people are forced to hunt down and kill aliens armed with a handful of futuristic items of equipment and weaponry.

What actually caught me into Gantz, is its sci-fi and psychological thriller base story line. In fact, I actually started reading the manga from vol 1 to 313 (up-to-date), within 3 days time. The story's intriguing. I couldn't help myself from checking for the latest scan everyday. = =

Haven't watch the anime though. From what I know is that they edited phase 2. The story ends there unlike the manga which is now on final phase.

If you prefer animes like Kara no Kyoukai and Ergo Proxy, I think you'll like it. It's highly recommended.

Anyway, the main focus is on the live-action movie. It's announced to be released on 2011. Which is next year. Hopefully it doesn't fail like most of the live-action anime adapted such as Detective Conan. Death Note on the other hand, was a good one. It's been awhile since I get to watch a nice one since then. I'm just hoping that Gantz live-action is gonna be better than the rest.

It's actually kinda hard to make a good movie out of it. At first, I thought it was some kind of hoax by some fan. Somehow it turned out to be real after reading articles on it. =/

I kinda doubt if the movie's gonna be as good as the anime and manga. It's kinda hard to even note any nice japanese movies with great CG effects. I'm saying this because there will be a lot of scenes which requires those effects. If it's not good, yeap, it'll be a failure I guess.

Anyhow I'm up for this movie!
There's transformers 3 next year too. xD

No comments: